Friday, September 11, 2009

Story telling.

For our English writing competitions, we used to have a story telling part, where the stories used to be given in bits, and we had to form the full sentences. Following that pattern, here's my post...

On bike-pillion rider-message on cell phone-check-phone falls-on road-yell-bike stop-turn around-stranger picks up phone-boards bus-vanishes-I panic-lots of contacts on cell-no back up-call up my number-stranger picks-hello-I WANT MY PHONE BACK-Come to the next bus stop-Ok-hurry-got phone-Phew!

Have to board a bus-to go 20 km destination-bus not frequent-walking to bus stop-bus comes-and leaves-I panic-what to do-brilliant plan strikes-caught an autorickshaw-chased the bus-tell auto driver-Please overtake the bus-driver speeds-rash driving-again I panic-driver succeeds in overtaking bus-I jump from the autorickshaw-run and catch the bus-Phew!

At home-relaxed-1 year old cousin comes home-cute-playing with him-house maid comes-sweeps the floor-starts swobbing the floor-I pick up kid cousin-start running around house-puddle of water-did not see-slipped-with 1 year old cousin-cousin falls-starts crying-yells if shoulder is touched-I panic-rush to pediatric-after examination-shoulder fracture-minor-arm in sling-15 days-slowly cured-Phew!

8 comments:

Tej said...

Cooooooool post :) But OMG i cant believe u fractured ur kid cousin's arm..OOOOMG !!! :)

Nishchita said...

The point is, he's ok now! Sorry cousin!

Shruthi Mahesh said...

Aweeesome!! n Handle kids with care :)

Nishchita said...

Ha ha. I'll try. *wink*

Pradeep said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. You are right, as long as there is a difference between gossip and being friendly it's ok. Also, it depends on the person you wish to share the info with and the topic, is it not?

Went through your three micro-mini-short stories. Though you linked it to your English writing contests, I guess your style has relevance to the modern-day "short is sweet" philosophy. SMS style?

Nevertheless, those three paragraphs, howsoever short was gripping! The first one was dramatic, probably you could have added some more details.

No blog posts after that?

Nishchita said...

Hey Pradeep, good to see you here!
Well, this post I thought of the "sms" style. Try it. Its easier to type! :)
Next post would be post Diwali!
Happy Diwali!

Anonymous said...

;)

1. Am glad that you are lucky to have got your phone back.
2. Am glad that you are lucky to have missed the wheels of the bus during your [if I may] james bondesque move of jumping from an auto.
3. Am glad that your kid cousin is lucky to have escaped with a minor fracture.

Nishchita said...

@ashwin: :) Am glad too!!

Blog Archive